- Scorpion stings or spider bites may cause a swelling at the site and some distress.
- They usually require no special medical attention.
- Watch pets for the first few hours in case they exhibit a bad reaction.
- Sometimes Benadryl is helpful in reducing symptoms.
- Use one milligram per one pound of pet as a guideline for dosage.
If you leave your pet outside, which is not recommended, make sure the animal has a shaded area as well as plenty of water in a dish that will not tip over easily leaving him with nothing to drink on a hot day.
And remember the best cure for the Summertime Blues is . . . October!